Another Work in Progress. The subject is the granddaughter of our teacher’s friend.
I love the practice strokes I made (first painted image with all the figures on it). I tried it from different angles and slight different colours (still mainly in the quin burnt orange and french ultramarine). It’s my favourite part of this particular exercise so far.
Continue reading .: action figure :.
This one is still a work in progress, but here goes.
Continue reading .: verdant fields :.
Last week and this was another quick study, this time of a very cute Australian shepherd (we think). I don’t know what its name is, so I decided it was a Bruce.
The fuzziness was what we were after, and that happened with wetting the paper, then painting in the background, leaving space for the dog, and letting the pigment bleed in, leaving the fuzzy edges.
While the paper was still wet, we also dropped in some quin burnt orange, raw sienna, and some chromatic black for the colouring on the dog’s fur, while still keeping everything nice and fuzzy.
This week I finished up by darkening the background a bit more, and adding in the eyes, nose, and mouth, finishing it off with some white gouache for the spectral highlights in the eyes, and the two white dots on its nose.
Continue reading “Bruce, the Aussie Dog”