Last project, “Still Life with Maurice” was really a practice project for this latest one, a more serious still life.
This project took a couple weeks, and was really a lot of fun doing. As you can see, I took a huge departure from the original photo in a fit of artistic license. I guess I had the image I wanted in my head already.
Prints n stuff on Redbubble.
- cobalt blue (bottle)
- phthalo blue (plate rim and inner decor)
- french ultramarine (vase decor, shaddows)
- aureolin (cobalt yellow) (flowers)
- new gamboge (flowers)
- sap green mixed with aureolin (grapes), quin magenta glazing for shading
- quin burnt orange, quin gold (mug)
- payne’s grey (walls)
- perm. rose and something else (table cloth)
- cobalt violet, chromatic black (fr. ultra + qbo) (shading, shadows, stems)
- Dreamcatcher: #14, #10, #4
- Alvaro point brush
- Arches 140lb cold press 9×12 block